1. To Make The Carrot Pudding: In a large bowl, cream the butter & brown sugar, mixing well.
2. Sift together the flour, baking soda & spices. Blend the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture. Add the remaining ingredients, mixing well.
3. Thoroughly grease a 1 quart (1 L) heat proof mold. Pack the mixture into the mold & cover with a buttered lid or foil wrap. Place the mold in a pot with enough boiling water to come halfway up the side of the mold. Cover the pot. Simmer for 3 hours over low heat, adding more water as needed.
4. Remove the pudding from the pot & let it cool for 15 minutes, then unmold.
5. To Serve: Steam the pudding in the mold for 1 hour. Serve warm & top individual serving with hard sauce. Enjoy.
6. To Make The Hard Sauce: Cream the butter. Gradually add the brown sugar, beating until light & fluffy. Slowly add the whipping cream, beating after each addition. Add the vanilla & mix well.
7. Shape into rosettes with a pastry tube or shape into a bar, Chill the bar & then cut into squares. Chill & serve over hot carrot pudding.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (204g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 259 (32%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 28.7g||38 %|
|Saturated Fat 18g||90 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 75.9mg||23 %|
|Sodium 238.3mg||8 %|
|Potassium 318.4mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 136.5g||40 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 134.6g|
|Protein 3.6g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 798
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!