1. Preheat the oven at 180ºC. Make a marinade for the sweet potatoes with your honey, cinnamon and one tbsp of olive oil. Marinade them, place on a baking tray and put in the oven for 30-35 mins or until they're nice and soft. Put aside.
2. Put the pine nuts in a dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until golden in spots, about 3 minutes.
3. After removing the nuts from the skillet, add a cup of water, a tbsp of olive oil and 1/2 tbsp of salt. Bring it to a boil and add the couscous. Take the skillet of the hob, stir for about 3-5 mins and leave it aside covered for another 5 mins to cook on its own.
4. In a big pot add your second cup of water, the chopped cabbage and 1/2 tbsp of salt. Cover the pot and allow the cabbage to cook with the help of the steam for 5 mins, then uncover and keep cooking for another 5 mins or until it's cooked to your liking (alternatively use a steamer).
5. When the cabbage is done, drain the water and then add the couscous, sweet potatoes and pine nuts in.
6. Serve warm, using the pomegranate seeds, feta cheese and parsley for garnish.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1790g)|
|Recipe Makes: Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 522 (26%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 58g||77 %|
|Saturated Fat 25.2g||126 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 16.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 9.4g|
|Cholesterol 133.9mg||41 %|
|Sodium 1937.6mg||67 %|
|Potassium 2778.6mg||73 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 319.3g||94 %|
|Dietary Fiber 41.1g||165 %|
|Sugars, other 278.2g|
|Protein 66.3g||95 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2025
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!