Cinnamon-flavored apple crisp for the sweet tooth
by Chef William
-- Comment --
For this receipt use two (2) metal baking pans 8 X 8 X 1/1/2. Serve one and freeze one for later. You may use one large, deep dish for large groups or appetites, just don't divide ingredients. Depending on the size of apple you have chosen be prepared to use more than listed. Skimpy is sad. Ph.D. - pile higher and deeper. They will bake down.
-- Preparation --
1. Stir together cake mix and brown sugar in separate bowl. Cut in butter until well combined. Set aside
2. Slice apples and place in large mixing bowl. (If you work fast browning will not be a problem, otherwise use lemon water or fruit fresh to preserve, just be sure to drain before going to step 4.)
3. Slowly melt Cinnamon candy in apple cider or water while slicing apples. (Cider enhances the overall flavor.)
4. Sprinkle ground cinnamon and nutmeg onto apple slices and toss until coated.
5. Place equal amount of apple slices into each pan. Pour equal amounts of cinnamon water over top. Cover each with cake mix.
6. Place in pre-heated 350 deg. oven for approximately 50 min. or until top is golden brown.
Serve warm with fresh whip cream or vanilla ice cream. (Put the kids to work making the ice cream or they will nibble up all your apples.) Garnish with a sprig of peppermint. Serves up to 12 per pan.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (312g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12|
|Calories from Fat: 114 (23%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12.6g||17 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.6g||28 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.1g|
|Cholesterol 20.3mg||6 %|
|Sodium 347.2mg||12 %|
|Potassium 338.3mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 98.8g||29 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20 %|
|Sugars, other 93.8g|
|Protein 2.5g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 501
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.