1. Warm 1 1/2 cups of milk on the stove until it bubbles. Remove from heat and let cool until lukewarm.
2. Dissolve yeast in warm water and set aside until it looks like a froth or 10mins.
3. Mix in eggs, sugar, 1/2 cup of butter, salt, raisins, and granola.
4. Stir in cooled milk slowly. ( If the milk is too hot, it will cook the eggs.)
5. Add the flour slowly to make a stiff paste.
6. Sprinkle the counter with flour and knead the dough for a few minutes until smooth.
7. Butter a large mixing bowl on the bottom and sides.
8. Place the dough in the greased bowl and cover with a warm damp towel. Place the bowl in the microwave and allow bread to rise until it doubles. (The microwave keeps the air warm and humid causing the dough to rise quicker.)
9. You now have about 1 1/2 hours to find something else to do.
10. After the dough has risen to twice its size, roll it out on a floured surface in the shape of a rectangle about 1/2" thick.
11. Rub 2 tablespoons of milk all over the top of the dough to moisten.
12. Combine 1 cup of sugar and 3 tablespoons of ground cinnamon in a bowl.
13. Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mixture all over the dought. Be sure to cover the entire surface of the dough.
14. Roll the dough along the long edge into a tight roll.
15. Cut the roll into thirds.
16. Place the loaves into three well greased 9X5 loaf pans.
17. Let rise uncovered for an hour.
18. You have another hour to play with.
19. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
20. Cook the bread in the oven for 45 minutes until lightly brown.
21. Remove from oven and spread melted butter on the tops of the loaves.
22. Let cool for 20 minutes and then remove from pans.
23. Allow the bread to completely cool before slicing
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (124g)|
|Recipe Makes: 24 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 87 (32%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9.7g||13 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.1g||16 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.7g|
|Cholesterol 268.2mg||83 %|
|Sodium 493.5mg||17 %|
|Potassium 210.1mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 32.5g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||9 %|
|Sugars, other 30.4g|
|Protein 12.7g||18 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 269
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.