This was submitted by The Bellamy Brothers into a country singer cookbook. These are so nice and light and fluffy! They've been my favorite since I first tried them in 2000! Even better with extra icing! (A tip for you: to slice easily, use thread. Just wrap it around the dough once and pull both sides of thread in opposite directions.)
1. Soften yeast in warm water in a small bowl. Heat milk, sugar, salt and oil till warm (115-120 degrees). Turn into large mixing bowl. Add the yeast mixture. Stir in as much flour as you can.
2. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Knead in enough remaining flour to make a moderately soft dough that is smooth and elastic (3-5 minutes total).
3. Shape into a ball in a greased bowl; turn once. Cover; let rise in warm place till double (about 1 hour). Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface. Cover; let rest for 10 minutes.
4. Roll dough on a lightly floured surface to an 18 by 12-inch rectangle. Spread melted margarine or butter over dough. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; add raisins and nuts, if desired. Sprinkle sugar mixture over dough. Roll up from one of the long sides. Seal.
5. Slice into 12 pieces. Place, cut side down, in a greased 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking pan. Cover, let rise in a warm place till nearly double (30 mins.). Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool slightly. Remove from pans.
6. For icing, combine the powdered sugar, vanilla and enough water to make icing of drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm rolls.
2� hours | 2 hours prep
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Dozen (84g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Dozen|
|Calories from Fat: 11 (14%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.3g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.8g||4 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 4.9mg||2 %|
|Sodium 2352.3mg||81 %|
|Potassium 199.6mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 14.1g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 13.6g|
|Protein 2.4g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 81
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!