1. On a floured surface, roll out the puff pastry into a rectangle - approx 30x40 cm; If using a ready-rolled pastry, unroll leaving the greaseproof paper underneath the pastry.
2. Beat together the butter, caster sugar and cinnamon (adding a little water if the mix is too stuff), then spread over the pastry leaving approx 1-2 cm gap along one short side
3. Scatter sultanas over the filling, then roll from the short edge with no gap to make a sausage; if using ready-rolled, use the greaseproof to roll up the pastry.
4. Chill for 10-15 minutes with the visible edge facing down until firm, greasing a baking sheet or tin while chilling.
5. With a serrated knife, cut into slices 1-2 cm thick - you should be able to get 16 or 20 slices; if you prefer taller finished pastries, cut into into slices 2-3 cm thick - you should be able to get 9 or 12 slices.
6. Lay flat side down in the greased baking tray/tin, pressing slightly if the pastries aren't touching.
7. Chill for 20 minutes, preheating the oven to 200 C/fan 180 C/gas 6 while they're chilling
8. Bake for 18-20 minutes until lightly golden, then leave to cool on the tray/in the tin
9. Make the icing by whisking together the icing sugar, vanilla extract and water until a thick icing paste is formed, then tip/spread over the swirls
10. Break apart or separate to serve
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Swirl (32g)|
|Recipe Makes: 16 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 34 (26%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.8g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.4g||12 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 10.1mg||3 %|
|Sodium 0.8mg||0 %|
|Potassium 10.5mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 24.3g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 24.1g|
|Protein 0.1g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 129
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!