1. Cut up bacon into small pieces.
2. In frying pan on medium-high heat, crisp the bacon.
3. Add in onion and garlic, saute until onion is transparent.
4. Add to crockpot
4. Peel and Cube potatoes, add to crockpot (I like to microwave these for around 30-45 minutes to make them soft.)
5. Stir in clam juice, chicken broth, potatoes, and spices.
6. Put crockpot on high for around 4 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
7. Pour in Clams.
8. Whisk Flour and Milk until smooth. Place in frying pan and cook on low until thick. Slowly stir into chowder, continuously stirring as to not allow mixture to stick. This will thicken the chowder.
9. Stirring Frequently, let the chowder simmer for a few more minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (499g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 140 (29%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 15.6g||21 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.6g||23 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.3g|
|Cholesterol 105mg||32 %|
|Sodium 397.1mg||14 %|
|Potassium 1392.4mg||37 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 44.2g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.8g||15 %|
|Sugars, other 40.4g|
|Protein 40.2g||57 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 487
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.