1. Pre-heat oven to 345°C.
2. Wash and slice the apples.
3. Crack all the eggs into a large bowl that is safe for mixing and beat for around 7-10 minutes using an electric hand held or stand mixer. The eggs should rise a bit and develop a thick layer of foam.
4. Slowly add in the sugar while mixing. Beat for another 5-7 minutes. The mixture should thicken and become fluffy.
5. Sprinkle the flour on-top of the eggs and sugar mixture. Using a spatula, fold the flour in until it is combined with the rest of the mixture.
6. Once combined, add a couple drops of vanilla extract and lemon extract (optional). And combine.
7. Oil your baking pan with vegetable oil.
8. Evenly layer out the apple slices.
9. Pour in the batter evenly. Once all the batter is poured, hit the pan against the table to let out any air pockets.
10. Place the pan into the oven for 40-45 minutes. You can check if the cake is ready by sticking a tooth pick into the center of the cake. If the tooth pick comes out moist the cake still needs to bake. If the tooth pick is dry the cake is ready.
11. Let the cake cool before taking it out of the pan.
The eggs require a lot of mixing for the cake to become fluffy.
Make sure when folding the flour you don't over do it. The folding motion will allow the cake to become more "airy".
The lemon extract gives the cake a little WOW factor. It also makes the cake more summery.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (788g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 356 (36%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 39.6g||53 %|
|Saturated Fat 22.7g||114 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.1g|
|Cholesterol 109.3mg||34 %|
|Sodium 655.1mg||23 %|
|Potassium 1117.6mg||29 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 123.4g||36 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 120g|
|Protein 32.6g||47 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 984
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.