1) Melt butter in a big pot over medium high heat.
Saute onion and garlic until translucent.
2) Add meat and cook until browned
3) Add tomato paste, broth, balsamic vinegar, red wine, honey, salt and pepper...stir.
4) Add chopped turnips and carrots and simmer (covered) 45 minutes.
5) Uncover and simmer additional 15 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes.
6) Top with fresh parsley
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1537g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 254 (43%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 28.3g||38 %|
|Saturated Fat 13.1g||65 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 91.4mg||28 %|
|Sodium 2714.7mg||94 %|
|Potassium 3157.5mg||83 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 28.5g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||9 %|
|Sugars, other 26.2g|
|Protein 57.3g||82 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 597
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!