1. Set a large dutch oven over high heat. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil and brown the ground beef. Work in batches, if necessary, to avoid overcrowding the pan and stewing the beef in it's own juices.
2. Remove the beef and set aside to drain. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and cook onion until nicely browned.
3. Add beef back to dutch oven, along with garlic, chili powder, cayenne, cumin, and salt. Stir to combine.
4. Add in the beer, Ro-Tel, and tomato sauce; bring to a low simmer. Cover with lid and allow to bubble and simmer so sauce reduces and thickens, and flavors intensify, about 1 hour.
5. After one hour, stir in the masa harina which will help thicken the sauce. If sauce gets too thick, add a little water; if it isn't thick enough, continue to simmer until desired consistency is reached.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (183g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 158 (55%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 17.6g||23 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.7g||34 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 77.1mg||24 %|
|Sodium 519.1mg||18 %|
|Potassium 402.1mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 6.6g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 6.1g|
|Protein 22g||31 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 289
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!