1) Wash and Halve Bell Peppers removing tops, stem and membrane (vertical), save eatable parts
2) Bring large pot of water to boil and blanch Bell Peppers for 7 minutes
3) Remove from hot water and allow to cool
1) Cook Rice accordingly and set aside
1) In large pot, add olive oil, minced onions, garlic, and chopped green bell pepper tops and sauté until softened, 4-6 mins
2) Add diced tomatoes and cook an additional 2 mins
3) Add seasonings, onion powder, garlic salt, pepper, basil, oregano and 1/2 tomato sauce, simmer for 10 mins over med-low
4) Add rice and mix all until well combined
5) Add cheese and mix until well combined
In deep oven baking dish, add 1/2 cup tomato sauce to bottom then arrange bell pepper cups add filling evenly. Disperse over each bell pepper last 1/2 cup of tomatoes sauce evenly over top of filling
Bake for 45 mins at 350
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (577g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 213 (19%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 23.7g||32 %|
|Saturated Fat 14.3g||72 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 69.3mg||21 %|
|Sodium 1590.4mg||55 %|
|Potassium 1035.9mg||27 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 198.5g||58 %|
|Dietary Fiber 11.6g||47 %|
|Sugars, other 186.9g|
|Protein 34.9g||50 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1151
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!