1. Combine chicken, yogurt, and 2 Tbsp garam masala in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; seal and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
2. Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
3. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
4. Heat remaining 1 Tbsp oil in skillet over medium heat; add onion and ginger.
5. Cook 3 minutes or until tender; stir in tomatoes, paprika, cumin, ½ tsp each salt and pepper, and remaining ½ Tbsp garam masala.
6. Cook 10 minutes or until sauce is slightly reduced; add sour cream.
7. Cook just until thickened; stir in chicken.
8. Cook just until chicken is thoroughly heated; serve over rice.
Recipe selected from the eMeals Clean Eating Family Plan.
Note: Look for national brands of garam masala, the popular Indian seasoning blend, now available on the spice aisle.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (136g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 30 (20%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.3g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 65.8mg||20 %|
|Sodium 77.7mg||3 %|
|Potassium 345.1mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2.5g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 1.9g|
|Protein 26.6g||38 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 152
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.