Preparation of garlic
1. Place the flat side of a large knife on a clove of garlic and carefully hit the clove with the knife using the palm of your hand. This will crush the clove partially and break loose the paper-like skin around it.
2. You can now easily peel off the skin
3. Crush the peeled garlic again like in Step 1.
4. Repeat Step 1 to 3 for all cloves.
1. Mix the Coca Cola, crushed garlic, brown sugar and dark soy sauce in a pot.
2. Add in the chicken wings. Ensure there is as little moisture on the wings as possible before mixing them in.
3. Bring the mixture with the chicken wings to a boil and let it simmer until the Coca Cola turns syrupy. This takes about 45 minutes. Move the chicken wings around occasionally to make sure they get coated evenly. Be gentle so as not to break the skin and meat.
4. Lay the wings (thicker skin facing upwards) on a non-stick oven tray and pour the rest of the gravy over the wings.
5. Grill in preheat oven at 200 deg C for about 5 minutes. This will give a nice crisp golden brown finish on the wings.
Serve great with fried rice/noodles or salad. Bon appetit!
When simmering, do not cover the pot with a lid as this will introduce moisture and makes it hard for the Coca Cola to turn syrupy.
Recipe works best with chicken wings and Coca Cola. Not other chicken parts or Pepsi.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (100g)|
|Recipe Makes: 5 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1 (1%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 209.2mg||7 %|
|Potassium 71.9mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 22g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 21.7g|
|Protein 1.2g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 89
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.