* Mix together the eggs, cornstarch, sugar, and vanilla.
* Add about 2 tsp. milk to mixture. Pour into 6 cups of milk.
* Heat mixture in saucepan over medium heat until it boils & is thick. Remove from heat.
* Add 2/3 cups coconut flakes. Blend well.
* Pour mixture into baked shells.
* Make a meringue for 2 pies: (Beat until fluffy: 6 egg whites, 3/4 sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla, 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar)
* Spread meringue on top of both pies.
* Sprinkle remaining 1 1/3 cups of coconut on top of meringue.
* Bake in 475 oven until meringue is brown. About 4 minutes.
For a chocolate cream pie, add 1/4 cup cocoa for each pie, and disregard coconut flakes.
Preparation Time: 45 Minutes
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Pie (1148g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Pies|
|Calories from Fat: 1221 (34%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 135.7g||181 %|
|Saturated Fat 63.7g||319 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 50.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 17.5g|
|Cholesterol 5049.4mg||1554 %|
|Sodium 515.1mg||18 %|
|Potassium 1044.9mg||27 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 532.6g||157 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8.6g||34 %|
|Sugars, other 524g|
|Protein 73.5g||105 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 3593
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.