A delicious, Indian inspired salad.
For the dressing: put all ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree
For the salad: toss all the ingredients together
For the chicken:
1. Whisk together coconut mil and 1 tsp of the curry powder.
2. Combine the remaining 2 tsp of curry powder, coconut, salt & pepper, and flour, Stir until blended.
3. Dip the chicken in coconut milk mixture, let excess drip off then coat in ground coconut mixture.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a nonstick skillet or med heat (or spay really well with oil).
5. Saute the chicken in oil until golden on one side (about 5 minutes). Transfer chicken to a baking sheet and reduce the heat a bit. Add the remaining oil and then return the chicken to the skillet cooked side up, and cook until done. If you have a meat thermometer you can put it in the thickest part of the chicken - it needs to be 165 degrees. The second side of the chicken should take 5-8 minutes.
6. Serve salad with dressing and top with chicken.
NOTE: I think it's too much dressing so I serve the dressing on the side.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (521g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 380 (60%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 42.2g||56 %|
|Saturated Fat 25.6g||128 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 7g|
|Cholesterol 76.3mg||23 %|
|Sodium 989.1mg||34 %|
|Potassium 1039.6mg||27 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 33.8g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.3g||25 %|
|Sugars, other 27.5g|
|Protein 33.6g||48 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 629
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.