Coconut flour pancakes are a great substitute for pancakes made with white or whole wheat flour. The macadamias here add healthy fat and an interesting texture; if you leave them in bigger pieces, you get crunchy pancakes! You can substitute more coconut milk for the heavy cream if you want to make the pancakes dairy-free. Serve these hot with butter, almond butter, coconut butter, or Coconut Milk Whipped Cream.
Source: The Keto Reset Diet
1. In medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, butter, cream, coconut milk, and vanilla.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and sweetener with a fork, breaking up clumps of coconut flour. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet.
3. Add the macadamias to the batter and stir. Batter will be thick. Add water a little bit at a time until it is the consistency of thick pancake batter.
4. Heat a large, flat-bottomed skillet or griddle over medium-low heat. When warm, grease lightly with coconut oil. Drop big spoonfuls of the batter onto the griddle. It will not spread like traditional pancake batter, so use the back of a spoon or spatula to gently spread the batter into a thinner pancake.
5. Allow to cook slowly, several minutes per side until bubbles form, then flip. Serve hot.
If you omit the sweetener from this recipe, the pancakes will still be delicious, just not as cakey as you are probably used to. Unsweetened pancakes are great bread substitutes. If you opt to sweeten the batter, though, make a single test pancake and adjust the sweetness. Try starting with ¼ teaspoon (1 ml) powdered stevia or 1½ tablespoons (22 ml) erythritol.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (75g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 194 (85%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 21.6g||29 %|
|Saturated Fat 15.1g||76 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 179.2mg||55 %|
|Sodium 104mg||4 %|
|Potassium 156.1mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.4g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 2g|
|Protein 6.1g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 228
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!