1. Preheat oven to 325 F degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Using a handheld or stand mixer, beat the egg whites, sugar, salt, and vanilla together on medium-high speed until foamy and completely combined.
3. Fold in the coconut into the egg mixture, making sure the coconut is evenly moistened.
4. Scoop 2-3 tablespoons of the batter into mounds on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
5. Bake the macaroons for 15-20 minutes (depending on size) or until golden brown, rotate the pans to ensure even baking.
6. Let the macaroons cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
7. Once cookies are cool – melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl; check and stir frequently (use 30 second increments).
8. Drizzle with melted chocolate or dip cookies in the melted chocolate and allow to harden before serving.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (10g)|
|Recipe Makes: 24 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 19 (56%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.1g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.2g||6 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1163.5mg||40 %|
|Potassium 26.1mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.4g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 4g|
|Protein 0.3g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 34
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.