- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Lightly coat baking sheets with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites and salt until foamy
- Gradually add the sugar and whisk until shiny
- Whisk in vanilla
- Fold in coconut and chocolate chips (if using)
- Use a spoon or your hands to create 1-inch size macaroon balls and drop about 1-inch apart on greased cookie sheets
- Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until macaroons are starting to turn golden brown (about 20-25 minutes)
- Remove from oven and immediately transfer cookies to a wire rack and completely cool
- Cookies can be stored in and airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.
A KitchenAid mixer will make whisking much easier.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (19g)|
|Recipe Makes: 30 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 40 (56%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.4g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.8g||19 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 1.5mg||0 %|
|Sodium 34.5mg||1 %|
|Potassium 43.6mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.7g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 6.4g|
|Protein 0.9g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 71
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.