Golden, sweet, and oh-so-crispy, our Coconut Shrimp with Mango Dipping Sauce is super easy and wildly addicting. A cast iron skillet with coconut oil for frying yields the perfect crispy bite, but 10 minutes in a 425°F oven will not disappoint, either. This recipe works equally well as a quick and simple appetizer or served alongside a salad of mixed greens as a satisfying main. Heads will turn, mouths will water.
1. You will need to start with three dipping stations: one bowl for the beaten eggs, a second bowl for the flour, salt, and pepper mixture, and the third for the panko and shredded coconut mixture.
2. Dredge each shrimp in flour, dunk in egg, then thoroughly coat with panko and coconut. Press the breadcrumb and shredded coconut gently into the shrimp so that it is thoroughly encrusted. Reserve and repeat with remaining shrimp.?
3. In a large cast iron skillet, heat enough coconut oil to generously cover the bottom of the pan. Over medium heat, fry the shrimp in batches until crispy and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. For a darker, crispier crunch, place the tray of finished shrimp under the broil for 1 minute to fully crisp and heat evenly before serving. Sprinkle with sweet paprika to finish. Serve with Mango Dipping Sauce (below).
For the Mango Dipping Sauce:
1. Whizz all ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth. Adjust for salt, heat, and consistency.
2. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Peaches are an excellent stand-in for mango in the dipping sauce (or, better yet, a mix of the two)!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (337g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 140 (25%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 15.5g||21 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.3g||42 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.6g|
|Cholesterol 433.2mg||133 %|
|Sodium 2329.3mg||80 %|
|Potassium 688.2mg||18 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 63.2g||19 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7.2g||29 %|
|Sugars, other 56.1g|
|Protein 39.7g||57 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 550
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.