1) In a heavy 12-inch skillet, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high
heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring only occasionally, until well
browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
2) Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until golden and fragrant, about 45 seconds.
3) Add the vermouth, 3 tablespoons of the parsley, the vinegar, salt, and pepper
and boilb until the liquid is reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
4) Remove the pan from the heat, lightly season the cod with salt and pepper
and add it to the pan (tuck under the tails if necessary to even out the
thickness), nestling the fillets into the mushrooms and spooning some of
mushrooms on top.
5) Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer over medium heat, cover the pan,
reduce to medium low, and simmer until just cooked through (use the tip
of a paring knife to check) 7 to 12 minutes depending on thickness.
6) With a slotted spatula, transfer the fish to serving plates or a platter.
Over low heat, whisk the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter into the sauce.
Spoon the sauce over the fish and serve sprinkled with the remaining
1/2 tablespoon of parsley.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (100g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 104 (92%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 11.5g||15 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.3g||36 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 30.5mg||9 %|
|Sodium 153.8mg||5 %|
|Potassium 23.9mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1.2g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 1.2g|
|Protein 0.3g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 113
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!