1. Put all of the ingredients for the sauce in a blender and blend until smooth, then set aside.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper, skin side first.
3. Heat oil in a large pot or dutch oven at medium high heat. Add chicken skin side down and season again on the opposite side. Brown for about 4-5 minutes on each side.
4. Add potatoes, cassava, tomato sauce, water and aliños and stir well. Bring to a boil, cover, lower heat to medium low and cook for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes and cassava are cooked through.
5. Once cooked, taste for seasoning and add more salt if needed. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with white rice and avocado.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (775g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 275 (34%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 30.6g||41 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.5g||42 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.7g|
|Cholesterol 186.5mg||57 %|
|Sodium 541.4mg||19 %|
|Potassium 2464.6mg||65 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 86.1g||25 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8.1g||32 %|
|Sugars, other 78.1g|
|Protein 50.8g||73 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 812
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!