1. Preheat the oven to 190 C/Gas 5
2. Line baking trays with baking paper.
3. Put the butter and sugar in a large bowl and cream together until combined.
NOTE: It doesn't have to be light and fluffy, can be done in a mixer.
4. Stir in the egg and vanilla and mix well.
5. Add the flour, salt, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and cocoa powder and mix until the dough looks uniform.
Optional: Add the chocolate chips and mix with a wooden spoon.
6. Divide the mixture into balls and place on the baking trays.
7. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes.
NOTE: The cookies will have a cracked top and will be very soft.
8. Remove the cookies from the oven and leave to cool on the baking trays.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (37g)|
|Recipe Makes: 15 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 61 (39%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.8g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.9g||20 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 15.9mg||5 %|
|Sodium 108.5mg||4 %|
|Potassium 131mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 21.3g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 20g|
|Protein 2.8g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 155
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!