1. Melt the butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 4-6 min. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
2. Reduce the heat to medium and add the onion, scallion whites and a big pinch of salt to the pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft but not browned, about 8 min. Add the flour, celery seeds and white pepper; stir until combined.
3. Add the potatoes, 3 1/2 cups water and 1 tsp salt to the pot. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduced the heat to medium and simmer until the potatoes are tender but not falling apart, about 10 min.
4. Remove the pot from the heat and transfer 1/2 cup of the potatoes to a blender. Add the half-and-half, cream cheese and parmesan and blend until very smooth. Gently stir the mixture into the pot along with the scallion greens, hot sauce and half of the bacon. Bring to a gentle simmer over medium heat; season with salt.
5. Divide the soup among bowls. Top with cheddar cheese, the remaining bacon and chives.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (290g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 251 (58%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 27.9g||37 %|
|Saturated Fat 13.4g||67 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.1g|
|Cholesterol 65.8mg||20 %|
|Sodium 449.4mg||15 %|
|Potassium 819.7mg||22 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 36.6g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 33.9g|
|Protein 10.6g||15 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 434
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!