1. Saute scallops in 1 Tbsp. oil in a saute pan over high heat until browned2-3 minutes per side. Work in batches, using additional oil if needed. Transfer three scallops each into six ounce shallow broiler-proof ramekins;set aside.
2. In the same pan used to saute scallops, sweat shallots and garlic,uncovered in the remaining 1 Tbs oil over medium heat. Cook untilvegetables soften, 2-3 minutes. Increase heat to high deglaze the pan withwine and lemon juice; reduce until liquid is nearly evaporated. Once liquidin reduced, add butter, stirring until it melts.
3. Whisk flour into melted butter; cook over medium heat until roux isgolden. about 2 minutes. Whixk Mushroom Stock into roux until smooth. Cookuntil sauce boils, then stir occasionally to prevent sticking while saucecontinues to boil and begins to thicken, 5-8 minutes. Simmer sauce 1 minutemore to eliminate flour taste. Stir in scallions, cream, cayenne, salt, andpepper.
4. Combine bread crumbs, parmesan, and parsley in a bowl. Preheat broilerto high with rack 6 inches below the heating element. Pour 1/3 - 1/2 cupsauce over scallops in each ramekin; sprinkle bread crumb mixture overscallops and sauce in each ramekin.
5. Broil scallops until crumb topping begins to brown, 2-3 minutes.
Nutrition (calculated from recipe ingredients)---------------------------------------------- Calories: 649 Calories From Fat: 322 Total Fat: 36.4g Cholesterol: 62.6mg Sodium: 2214.4mg Potassium: 519.5mg Carbohydrates: 61.1g Fiber: 2.7g Sugar: 8.8g Protein: 13.7g
Comments: Cuisine at Home October 09
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (344g)|
|Recipe Makes: 3 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 238 (35%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 26.4g||35 %|
|Saturated Fat 13.1g||66 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.8g|
|Cholesterol 172.1mg||53 %|
|Sodium 967.6mg||33 %|
|Potassium 1234.4mg||32 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 48.4g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 46.4g|
|Protein 60.2g||86 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 688
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!