1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil with a large pinch of salt. Halve and thinly slice the zucchini into half moons. Halve , peel , and thinly slice the the shallot (finely chop if using green onions). Halve the lemon. Pick the parsley leaves off of the stem and discard the stems.
2. Roast the zucchini: Toss the zucchini on a baking sheet with a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the lemon halves, cut side down, on the baking sheet and place in the oven for 15-18 minutes, tossing the zucchini half way through cooking, until soft and golden brown. The lemon halves should become deeply caramelized at the bottom.
3. Add the Israeli couscous to the boiling water and cook for 7-8 minutes, until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water.
4. butterfly the chicken: Slice the center of the breast parallel to the cutting board until almost through. Ope the chicken up like a book. Can also use thin-cut breasts.
5. Season the chicken: Mix cumin and coriander. Season chicken on all sides with slat and pepper, then coat on all sides with cumin/coriander mixture. Heat a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until cooked through. Let the chicken rest for 2-3 minutes before thinly slicing.
6. Assemble couscous salad: In a large bowl, toss together the couscous, roasted zucchini, shallots, a drizzle of olive oil, and juice of half the caramelized lemon. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Serve the sliced chicken on a bed of couscous salad. Squeeze the juice of the remaining lemon over the chicken.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (454g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 187 (32%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 20.7g||28 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.1g||45 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.9g|
|Cholesterol 95mg||29 %|
|Sodium 310.6mg||11 %|
|Potassium 1343.5mg||35 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 60.6g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8.7g||35 %|
|Sugars, other 51.9g|
|Protein 42.3g||60 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 580
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!