Peel and cut potatoes, boil and prepare as for mashed potatoes, add corn-beef and onion mix well. Put to side to cool.
1. Place flour, salt, and fat in bowl. Mix with fork until it resembles fine bread crumbs. (Kenwood Mixer :Mixer Bowl with splash guard. Using the K beater at speed 2.)
2. Sprinkle the water over the mixture, a spoonful at a time, while mixing until pastry forms a dough.
3. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a ball. Do not over handle the dough. wrap in clear film and leave to chill and rest in fridge for 30 minutes before rolling out.
1. Roll out dough and cut into 6-8" circles, spoon 2-3 tablespoons of mash filling into center of dough fold and pinch edges.
2. Bake at 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6 until crush is golden brown. 20-30 minutes.
Serve with a splash of Beef gravy over top.
If you are making bulk.
36 ounces Flour, 9 ounces margarine, 9 ounces lard, 2 cans corned beef, 2.5 kg potatoes and 2 onions
yields= 36 pasties
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Pastie (224g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 4 (1%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.4g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 26.6mg||1 %|
|Potassium 1864.2mg||49 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 77.4g||23 %|
|Dietary Fiber 9.7g||39 %|
|Sugars, other 67.6g|
|Protein 8.9g||13 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 341
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.