1. Preheat the oven to 450F and place a 12" cast iron skillet in the oven to heat up.
2. In a large glass measuring cup add apple cider vinegar and milk. Whisk together and set aside for at least 10 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, combine first four ingredients and whisk together.
4. When the oven is preheated, take out the skillet and add the bacon grease (or butter) to the cast iron skillet. Meanwhile, add the egg to the milk and whisk together. Add the baking soda to the milk and whisk to incorporate.
5. Carefully add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and incorporate well using a spatula, taking care not to over-stir. The batter may be lumpy. Add the melted butter to the batter and gently incorporate.
6. While the bacon grease and skillet are still hot, immediately add the batter to the skillet. The batter should sizzle and begin to form a brown crust.
7. Place the entire skillet in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Allow the cornbread to cool slightly before serving. Serve warm (with butter!)
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (136g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 182 (56%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 20.2g||27 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.1g||61 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 51.5mg||16 %|
|Sodium 174mg||6 %|
|Potassium 226.5mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 30.4g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 27.9g|
|Protein 6.4g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 327
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!