1. In a bowl, mix together the masa harina and the salt.
2. Heat the water and pour it into the bowl with the masa harina. Make sure the water is warm, but not too hot since you will be touching the dough with your hands.
3. With your hands, knead the dough until well combined and soft.
4. Cover the dough while you make the tortillas to prevent it from drying out. Wrap some plastic wrap around a cutting board to prevent the dough from sticking to it. Place some dough onto the wrapped cutting board and put a layer of plastic on top so that the dough won?t stick to the rolling pin.
5. Roll the dough between the layers of plastic wrap until it is evenly flat.
6. Place a small plate on top of the rolled out dough and cut around it with a knife. Put the scraps back with the other dough.
7. After all the tortillas are made, heat a frying pan over medium to high heat. Add a little oil if necessary. The oil will make the tortilla taste better, but is not necessary if you have a pan that does not stick. Cook each side for about 1-2 minutes.
A tortilla press would make the whole process a lot faster, but maybe also less fun! Enjoy!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 recipe (529g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 158 (18%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 17.6g||23 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.9g||9 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.4g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 23.1mg||1 %|
|Potassium 668.8mg||18 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 170.9g||50 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 170.9g|
|Protein 20.9g||30 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 898
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!