1. In a small bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
2. In a larger bowl beat together the eggs, milk, honey, butter/margarine, and corn.
3. Add the mixture from the smaller bowl into the large bowl stirring until mixed evenly and thickened. Drain the liquid from the peaches and the corn, add both to the batter mixing well.
4. Pour the batter into a greased deep dish pie pan or 12 inch dutch oven. Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes (if using the dutch oven place 10 coals on bottom and 19 on top and bake for 50min-1 hour)
5. While the cobbler is cooking crumble the poptarts in a bowl and pan toast them on medium heat in a medium skillet for about 5 min or until lightly browned.
6. When the cobbler has about 10 minutes remaining (or just before it starts to solidify) top evenly with the poptart crumble and finish cooking.
1. Pour the bourbon into a pot over medium low heat. Allow the bourbon to reduce for about 5 min.
2. Add the brown sugar to the bourbon and stir constantly until dissolved.
3. Stir in the cornstarch to thicken and hold on low heat until ready to serve cobbler.
With a chef spoon, plate a large scoop of the hot cobbler and top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle the glaze over top. Serve immediately.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (185g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 63 (19%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.2g||21 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 18.4mg||6 %|
|Sodium 102.6mg||4 %|
|Potassium 215.1mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 45.2g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 44g|
|Protein 4.6g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 333
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.