1. Bring 4 quarts of water and bay leaves to a boil in a covered 8 quart pot.
2. Remove brisket from package and rinse. Add to pot, return to a boil, reduce heat and bring to a simmer.
3. Partially cover pot and let corned beef simmer for 3 hours (keep water at a simmer, don't let it boil).
4. Add the cabbage wedges, halved potatoes and carrots. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tied when pierced with a fork.
5. Lift meat to cutting board and slice thin across the grain. Serve with vegetables, discard bay leaves.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (381g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 4 (1%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.5g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 61.3mg||2 %|
|Potassium 1541.9mg||41 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 61.9g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8.8g||35 %|
|Sugars, other 53.1g|
|Protein 7g||10 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 272
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!