1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. In a large, shallow bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla until well blending. Slowly whisk in flour and baking powder until smooth
3. Add cornflakes to a second shallow bowl and place next to the batter. Heat 1-inch oil in a heavy skillet to 325 degrees.
4. Working with 1 or 2 break slices at a time, dip bread in batter and allow any excess to drip off and back into the bowl.
5. Roll generously in cornflake crumbs, immediately dry in oil until golden brown, about 1 minutes per side.
6. Drain on paper towels and transfer to a baking sheet in oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining bread slices.
7. Serve warm with your favorite toppings such as maple syrup, powdered sugar, whipped cream, fresh fruit, or candied pecans.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (112g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 16 (10%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.7g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 5.5mg||2 %|
|Sodium 1353mg||47 %|
|Potassium 129.7mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 32.5g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 31.9g|
|Protein 3.8g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 156
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!