1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Saute the carrots and onion for 3-4 minutes in olive oil in a large skillet; add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the beef and cook over media-high heat until beef is browned, stirring to crumble.
4. Stir in Italian seasoning and cook over medium-high heat for 1 minute.
5. Add mushrooms; cook 2 minutes. Stir in flour. Gradually add wine and beef broth, stirring constantly.
6. Add tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper and cook 2 minutes or until thickened.
7. Remove from heat and stir in corn and peas. Spoon mixture into a 2 1/2 quart casserole coated with cooking spray.
8. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
For the Mashed Potatoes:
1. Cook potatoes until tender and drain. Add milk, buttermilk, salt and pepper and beat at medium speed of a mixer just until mixed. Fold in herb garlic cheese.
2. Spread on top of meat mixture and put back in the oven and broil for about 5 minutes or until lightly brown.
Herb garlic cheese is usually in the specialty cheese section at the supermarket. You can substitute milk for the buttermilk. You can divide the meat mixture and freeze it for smaller casseroles.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (362g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 254 (50%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 28.2g||38 %|
|Saturated Fat 16.6g||83 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 80.5mg||25 %|
|Sodium 1171.8mg||40 %|
|Potassium 1024.9mg||27 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 41.5g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7.8g||31 %|
|Sugars, other 33.7g|
|Protein 22.5g||32 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 507
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.