I originally obtained this recipe through my Grand Mother, but over the years I have tweaked and bent it till I got this exact recipe, I have entered it in numerous contest and won or come close. , they are a sure win every time. they are light, full of flavor and buttery. enjoy! 60 rolls
1. In a large bowl, combine sugar, water, yeast, let sit for about 5 - 10 minutes , set aside till begins to foam.
2. Melt butter, add egg and honey, mix well with wire whip and set aside.
3. place flour, salt in large mixer bowl, turn on and let dough hook make a small well in center,
4. Dump liquid egg, honey, butter in center along with the yeast, water and sugar mix ..all in center of flour well
turn on mixer slowly with dough hook going and let it do its job until dough just slight comes away from edges it may still slightly stick on
bottom of bowl and thats perfect., remove dough, Place in a greased bowl, cover with saram wrap and let rise. Approx 45 min. ( double in size)
5. Grease a 13x9 baking pan. oe more since this is 5 Dozen..LOL
6. Turn dough out onto a VERY LIGHTLY floured surface. ( too much flour or messing with product at this point will hinder final product quality.)
7. Divide into equal pieces. Approx 2 1/2 oz.
8. Roll each piece into a smooth round ball. There is a method for this and it gets easier and easier the more you do it. HONESTLY!!!
9. Place in rows in prepared pan.
10. Cover carefully with saram wrap or dry , clean kitchen towl and let rise for 45 min; until doubled.
11. Heat oven to 350*.
12.Bake until golden brown, about 17 minutes, internal temp is 195 degrees
** IF YOU NOTICE IN THE INSTRUCTIONS, WHAT SETS THIS APART FROM MOST DINNER ROLL OR BREAD RECIPES , IS THAT THE PROCESS FOR MAKING THEM DOES NOT NEED TO BE AS COMPLICATED AS MOST BAKERS MAKE IT OUT TO BE. WITH MANY PEOPLE THEY TURN SOME OF THE SIMPLEST IDEAS INTO A METHODICAL PROCESS THAT OVERWHELMS SOME HOME COOKS.. YOU CAN ACTUALLY JUST MAKE THAT WELL IN THE FLOUR AND DUMP EVERYTHING IN THE MIDDLE AND TURN ON THE MIXER ON LOW AND LET IT DO ITS JOB, JUST DONT OVER MIX OR PLAY WITH DOUGH TO LONG THATS WHAT MAKES A TOUGH DIFFICULT PRODUCT.. I PROMISE YOU IF YOU FOLLOW THIS AS IS YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT PRODUCT...
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Dozen (844g)|
|Recipe Makes: 5|
|Calories from Fat: 858 (31%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 95.4g||127 %|
|Saturated Fat 55.2g||276 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 24.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.3g|
|Cholesterol 431.1mg||133 %|
|Sodium 121mg||4 %|
|Potassium 1821.8mg||48 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 413.3g||122 %|
|Dietary Fiber 36.4g||146 %|
|Sugars, other 376.9g|
|Protein 71.8g||103 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2732
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.