1. In saucepan over medium heat, in 2 tablespoons oil, saute onion, garlic, jalapeno, celery, and red bell pepper until tender, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in flour, mustard, salt, and pepper. Cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
3. Gradually stir in milk, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
4. Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in crabmeat, horseradish, bread crumbs, and lemon juice. (If the mixture is too loose, add more flour.)
5. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a pan. Spoon 8 mounds of crabcake mixture into pan and press into cakes. Fry until brown on both sides and heated through, about 3-5 minutes each side.
6. Serve with remoulade sauce and parsley and lemon wedges for garnish.
Makes 4 servings.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (222g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 66 (28%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.4g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.6g||8 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.3g|
|Cholesterol 91.5mg||28 %|
|Sodium 518.5mg||18 %|
|Potassium 575.7mg||15 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 18.3g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 16.4g|
|Protein 24g||34 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 239
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.