1. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and cloves and set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar.
3. Add eggs and vanilla to the butter mixture.
4. Stir the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until thoroughly combined. If it is extremely sticky, stir in some extra flour.
5. Add chopped nuts and cranberries.
6. Make into loaves 1/2 inch high and 2 inches wide.
7. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 25 minutes or until light brown.
8. Cool at least 5 minutes, then slice into 1/2 inch thick slices with a serrated knife.
9. Lay slices on their side on a baking dish, and bake 10 minutes or longer to dry slightly. If the slices are not dried after 10 or 15 minutes, you can turn off the oven and leave them inside to dry without having to worry about them getting too dark.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (50g)|
|Recipe Makes: 24 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 58 (37%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.5g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.7g||14 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 10.6mg||3 %|
|Sodium 441.9mg||15 %|
|Potassium 107mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 23.6g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 20.8g|
|Protein 3.2g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 155
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.