Try this Cranberry Quinoa Breakfast Cereal recipe, or contribute your own.Suggest a better description
1. Bring milk and water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
2. Stir in quinoa and cranberries.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally for a creamier texture, until liquid is absorbed.
4. While cereal is cooking, if you want toasted pecans, place them in the bottom of pan on stove on low heat and cook for about 10 minutes, flipping/ stirring occasionally. Watch them carefully, as they can easily burn.
5. Remove quinoa from heat and stir in the rest of the ingredients, except the pecans.
6. Serve warm with more milk and chopped pecans (note: if you are going to refrigerate some of this for another day, don't add the nuts until you reheat it).
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (572g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 480 (39%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 53.3g||71 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.1g||26 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 25.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 19.3g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 22.6mg||1 %|
|Potassium 1561.8mg||41 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 161.7g||48 %|
|Dietary Fiber 25g||100 %|
|Sugars, other 136.7g|
|Protein 37.3g||53 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1244
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.