1. Melt butter in large skillet. Add celery, onion, green pepper, and garlic; cook 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Sprinkle in flour. Cook an additional 5-10 minutes, stirring often, until vegetables are tender and roux is a medium brown color
2. Add chicken stock and tomato sauce; mixing well. Cook, stirring often, until bubbly and slightly thickened.
3. Add crawfish tails. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and cook 10 minutes (or until crawfish are tender) on low heat, stirring occasionally.
4. Add salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste.
5. Add scallions and parsley. Simmer for a few minutes, covered, to blend seasonings.
6. Serve over rice.
Can substitute 1 pound of peeled and deveined shrimp for crawfish if desired.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (558g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 236 (55%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 26.2g||35 %|
|Saturated Fat 15.3g||76 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.7g|
|Cholesterol 184.4mg||57 %|
|Sodium 1378.2mg||48 %|
|Potassium 1306.5mg||34 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 27.1g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20 %|
|Sugars, other 22.1g|
|Protein 24.5g||35 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 431
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.