1. Cream shortening and cheese until soft.
2. Add sugar gradually, continuing to cream until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg yolk and orange extract; beat well.
4. Sift flour and salt together; add in 3 additions; beat well after each addition.
5. Chill dough 10 minutes.
6. Pack into "Wear-Ever Cookie Gun"; make into desired shapes on ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake 7-10 minutes in hot oven (375 degrees)
8. Yield: 5 dozen when dial is set between thin and medium.
Chocolate: substitute 3 T. cocoa for 3 T. flour; add 1/4 tsp. soda and vanilla.
"These are crisp and have an unusual flavor. Excellent recipe for colored cookies."
Special Christmas cookies mom made every year.l
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (12g)|
|Recipe Makes: 60 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1 (10%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1.7mg||0 %|
|Potassium 47.8mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2.5g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 1.5g|
|Protein 0.4g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 10
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!