1. Sift together the flour, cocoa and baking powder. Set aside.
2. Melt the butter and chocolate in a double boiler until it reaches 110 deg F. Set aside, holding the mixture at this temperature over a warm water bath.
3. While the chocolate is melting, whip the eggs, sugar, extracts and salt in the large bowl of a mixer fitted with the whip attachment.
4. Add the melted butter and chocolate mixture. Scrape down the bowl and add the flour mixture to the chocolate.
5. Spread the batter onto a paper-lined half-sheet pan. Spread the Cream Cheese Topping evenly over the surface of the batter.
6. Pipe swirls of Sun-Dried Cherry Jam over and into the cheese topping using a piping bag fitted with a medium plain tip.
7. Bake at 325 deg F until the brownies are set and bounce back when lightly pressed, approximately 50 to 55 minutes.
8. Cool in the pan to room temperature, then refrigerate or freeze until firm.
9. Using a stiff plastic scraper, cut around the edges of the brownies to loosen them from the pan. Invert the brownies onto a cutting board covered with a clean sheet of parchment paper.
10. Cut into 2-in squares.
Cream Cheese Topping
1. In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, blend the cream cheese on the lowest speed.
2. Add the sugar and mix until completely smooth. Add the butter and eggs and mix to combine.
3. Stir in the vanilla extract and sifted cake flour.
Sun-Dried Cherry Jam
1. Combine the tart cherries and 8 ounces of the sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then add the sun-dried cherries. Boil for 5 minutes.
2. Using an immersion blender, puree until the cherries are broken up but some pulp remains.
3. Stir the pectin and remaining sugar together in a bowl, then add it to the cherry mixture. Bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes.
4. Chill before using.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (233g)|
|Recipe Makes: 48 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 74 (51%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.2g||11 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.6g||23 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 25.1mg||8 %|
|Sodium 72.1mg||2 %|
|Potassium 62.8mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 16.6g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 16.3g|
|Protein 2g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 146
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!