1. Put the water for the pasta on the boil
2. Dice the bacon and finely chop the onions and garlic
3. Start cooking the pasta
4. While pasta is cooking, put the bacon and onions in the pan and fry off till brown (this will be around when the Pasta is ready) - add the garlic once the browning begins as the garlic does not need as much cook time
5. Crack around 6 eggs and place them in a bowl
6. As quickly as possible, drain the water from the pasta and place in the serving bowl, pour the eggs over the pasta while still hot and still in well so that the residual heat from the pasta cooks the egg slightly so that the egg coats the pasta well (can add more eggs if desired)
7. Add the bacon, onion and garlic from the frying pan to the pasta and stir well again.
8. Serve with cheese, salt and pepper.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (448g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 364 (42%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 40.5g||54 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.6g||63 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 16.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.8g|
|Cholesterol 759.8mg||234 %|
|Sodium 665.5mg||23 %|
|Potassium 739.5mg||19 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 84.3g||25 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||9 %|
|Sugars, other 82.2g|
|Protein 40.8g||58 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 866
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!