1. Remove tips of asparagus and set aside. Snap off the tough bottoms and discard. Cut stalks into 1-inch lengths.
2. In a large saucepan, heat butter, add the leeks, and sauté over medium-low heat until tender. Add garlic for last minute of cooking.
3. Add asparagus stalks, potato, and enough stock to cover the vegetables and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, partially covered, until veggies are tender, about 30 minutes.
4. While veggies are cooking, bring 2 cups water and 1/2 tsp salt to a boil in a small saucepan. Add asparagus tips and cook until just tender, about 5 mins. Drain and set aside on paper towels.
5. When veggies in stock are tender, puree the mixture in a food processor.
6. Return puree to the saucepan. Add remaining stock, bring to simmer, and remove from the heat.
7. In a small bowl, beat egg yolks into the heavy cream and whisk in one ladleful of hot soup. Whisk this mixture into the hot soup and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the soup thickens. Do not allow the soup to boil or the egg will curdle. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. When soup has thickened, stir in the lemon juice and the asparagus tips.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (528g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 110 (49%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12.2g||16 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.4g||27 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.4g|
|Cholesterol 111.6mg||34 %|
|Sodium 900.1mg||31 %|
|Potassium 462.2mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 15.7g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 15.7g|
|Protein 11.9g||17 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 224
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!