1) In a large sauce pan, cook mushrooms and onion in 2 c. of chicken stock with thyme until tender, approx 10-15 mins.
2) Let mixture cool slightly then puree in a blender or food processor (I used my Magic Bullet) until smooth.
3) In a small bowl, melt the butter in microwave and stir/mix/whisk in flour until smooth.
4) Scrape into sauce pan, and add all the other ingredients (1/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper, 1 c. half and half, 1/4 c. Marsala wine, 1Tbsp Sherry).
5) Stirring constantly, bring to a boil and cook until thickened.
6) Add more salt/pepper to taste, then add marsala wine.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Recipe (1064g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Recipe|
|Calories from Fat: 823 (67%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 91.5g||122 %|
|Saturated Fat 56.7g||283 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 25g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.9g|
|Cholesterol 270.6mg||83 %|
|Sodium 468.5mg||16 %|
|Potassium 1980.9mg||52 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 71.7g||21 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.1g||20 %|
|Sugars, other 66.6g|
|Protein 26.7g||38 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1227
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!