1. Cook spinach in 2 batches in 1 inch of boiling salted water in a 8 quart pot, stirring constantly, until wilted. 1-2 minutes. Drain in a colander and rinse under cold running water until cool. Squeeze small handfuls of spinach to remove as much moisture as possible , then coarsely cop.
2. heat milk and cream in a small saucepan over moderate heat, stirring, until warm.
3. Meanwhile, cook onion in butter in a 3-quart heavy saucepan over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 4 minutes.
4. Whisk in flour and cook roux, whisking 3 minutes.
5. Add warm milk mixture in a fast stream, whisking constantly to prevent lumps, and simmer, whisking, until thickened, 3-4 minutes.
6. Stir in nutmeg, spinach, an S+P. Cook until heated through.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1248g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 762 (69%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 84.6g||113 %|
|Saturated Fat 51.3g||257 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 22g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.7g|
|Cholesterol 249.1mg||77 %|
|Sodium 783.2mg||27 %|
|Potassium 5413.7mg||142 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 72g||21 %|
|Dietary Fiber 22.7g||91 %|
|Sugars, other 49.3g|
|Protein 34.4g||49 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1112
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!