1. Cupcakes: Heat oven to 350F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, 1 cup of the sugar, the baking powder, baking soda and salt until blended.
3. In a large bowl with electric mixer, beat eggs, orange zest and vanilla until blended. Beat in remaining 1 cup sugar. Beat in oil, then buttermilk, until blended.
4. On low speed, beat in flour mixture just until blended. Spoon about 1/4 cup batter into each muffin cup.
5. Bake 25 to 28 minutes (13 minutes for minis) until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
6. Frosting: Beat cream cheese, vanilla and orange zest in a medium bowl with mixer on low speed to blend. Add confectioners sugar and beat until fluffy. Beat in orange food color (if using) until light orange. Refrigerate until firm enough to spread.
7. Spread about 1 Tbsp frosting on each cupcake. Garnish if desired.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (60g)|
|Recipe Makes: 28 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 51 (26%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5.6g||8 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.7g||4 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.4g|
|Cholesterol 45.7mg||14 %|
|Sodium 166.1mg||6 %|
|Potassium 43.8mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 33.3g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 32.9g|
|Protein 2.8g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 193
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.