1. Preheat oven to 400F. In a large baking pan, place the onion, pears, thyme, butter, and olive oil.
2. Place the squash halves on top this mixture.
3. Roast the squash in the oven for about 50 to 60 minutes, until you easily get a fork through the squash.
4. Remove from the oven and let cool. When the squash is cool enough to handle, scrape the squash out of its skin, into a soup pot. Discard the skin.
5. Add the remaining contents of the roasting pan (pears, onion, thyme and all the juices).
6. Use a burr mixer (hand blender) to smooth the mixture.
7. Add the chicken broth and let simmer on medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
8. Add the cream and stir, simmer for 5-8 minutes.
9. Season with kosher salt and white pepper.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (451g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 310 (86%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 34.4g||46 %|
|Saturated Fat 20.9g||105 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.3g|
|Cholesterol 119.8mg||37 %|
|Sodium 1312.5mg||45 %|
|Potassium 225mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 11.9g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 10g|
|Protein 3.6g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 360
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.