1. Take the 2 pounds of chicken breasts, cube to half inch size cubes ( smaller or larger to your liking). Melt one stick of the butter in a skillet, use seasonings of your choice to add flavor ( I add garlic powder and some italian seasoning with some salt). Cook the chicken in the butter until fully cooked. At this point drain off the excess butter. Hold cooked chicken aside.
2. Open your two cans of campbells cream of chicken soup and your two 16 ounce tubs of sour cream, mix these all together in a mixing bowl that will be large enough to hold the cooked chicken as well. I usually add some more garlic powder and salt to this mixture to ensure the flavors get all through the meal. Mix your cooked chicken into this mixture.
3. Pour half a small box of cheezits crackers into a zipper storage bag and seal. Pound the cheezits to small crumbles. Grab second stick of butter and melt in microwave safe bowl ( 30 seconds ) pour the melted butter into the crumbled cheezits mixture and shake it to mix up.
4. In a 13 by 9 inch casserole dish, pour contents of mixing bowl evenly into the bottom of dish.
5. Evenly spread the contents of the cheezits crumbles over the top of your chicken mixture, try to prevent gapping.
6. Boil 16 ounces extra wide egg noodles on the side. Al dente texture.
Bake at 375 degrees covered with aluminum foil for 35 minutes. Remove foil at 35 minutes and bake for ten more minutes uncovered. If you use a clear glass casserole dish, you will be able to see the mixture boiling inside, this is a good thing. Your casserole is done and you can pull it out of the oven. Let your dish sit for ten minutes for cooling and some thickening will occur.
Put a scoop of this casserole over a scoop of your egg noodles and it tastes amazing. Its amazing on its own truly!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (2472g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 3068 (51%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 340.9g||455 %|
|Saturated Fat 202.4g||1012 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 92.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 19.9g|
|Cholesterol 1700.2mg||523 %|
|Sodium 1329.7mg||46 %|
|Potassium 5336.4mg||140 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 386.1g||114 %|
|Dietary Fiber 15g||60 %|
|Sugars, other 371.2g|
|Protein 335.8g||480 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 5970
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!