Prepare the Ingredients
• Halve and peel onion. Cut halves into ¼” dice.
• Stem poblano pepper, seed, and cut into ½” dice. Wash
hands and cutting board after prepping.
• Quarter lime.
• Pat diced chicken dry, and season with a pinch of salt and
Sear the Chicken
• Place a medium pot over medium-high heat and add 1 tsp.
olive oil. Add chicken to hot pot and stir occasionally until
browned on two sides, 4-6 minutes.
• Transfer to a plate. Chicken will finish cooking in a later step.
• Reserve pot; no need to wipe clean.
Start the Chowder
• Return pot used to sear chicken to medium heat and add 2
tsp. olive oil.
• Add onion and poblano (use less if spice-averse) to hot
pot and stir often until vegetables are slightly softened, 3-5
• Stir in corn and seasoning rub until combined.
• If using bacon, line a plate with a paper towel. Place a
medium non-stick pan over medium heat and add bacon to
hot pan. Flip occasionally until crisp, 6-8 minutes. Transfer to
towel-lined plate. When cool enough to handle, crumble. Stir
half into finished chowder and garnish with half.
Finish the Chowder
• Add chicken and any accumulated juices, ½ cup water,
cream, and chicken base to pot. Stir to combine and bring to
• Once simmering, stir occasionally until slightly thickened
and chicken reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165
degrees, 5-7 minutes.
• For a thinner texture, stir in additional water 1 Tbsp. at a time
until desired texture is reached. Remove from burner. Season
with a pinch of pepper.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (402g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 285 (53%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 31.6g||42 %|
|Saturated Fat 14.2g||71 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 11.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.2g|
|Cholesterol 158.9mg||49 %|
|Sodium 216.6mg||7 %|
|Potassium 760.7mg||20 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 21.1g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 17.7g|
|Protein 43.1g||62 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 534
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!