* First, stew cook 5 chicken thighs 2 hours in the 6 cups of water. When done, put thighs in a bowl. Then, reserve liquid, separating the fat off the top.
* Use a rice cooker to cook rinsed rice.
* Separate the meat from the skin and bone. Discard everything but the meat.
* In a large stew pot, put 5 cups of the separated cooking liquid.
* Add chicken, barley, rice, garlic, dried onion flakes, salt and pepper to pot.
* In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper and flour. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in contents of bowl until mixture is bubbly, forming a roux. Cook roux at least one minute. Whisk in half and half, a little at a time, until fully incorporated and smooth. Cook until thickened, 5 minutes.
* Add corn and peas.
*Let simmer 20 minutes.
Serves : 8
Prep Time : 30 minutes
Cook Time : 3 hours
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (253g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 128 (58%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 14.2g||19 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.9g||34 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.7g|
|Cholesterol 56.1mg||17 %|
|Sodium 150.2mg||5 %|
|Potassium 217.7mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 14.7g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 13g|
|Protein 9.6g||14 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 220
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!