1. In a soup pot, melt butter over medium high heat.
2. Sautee' the leeks until they begin to break down.
3. Add the cauliflower and sautee' until it begins to brown.
4. Add the 6 cups chicken stock, the black pepper, and 1 teaspoon salt.
5. Raise to a boil and cover for 30 minutes.
6. Uncover and remove from heat. Use hand blender to puree' the soup.
7. Slowly add the cream as you blend to acquire a smooth consistency.
8. Use a strainer to remove remaining pulp if you want an extremely smooth soup.
9. Return the soup to the heat to regain your heat.
10. Season with remaining salt and cayenne to achieve desired seasoning.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (508g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8|
|Calories from Fat: 197 (59%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 21.8g||29 %|
|Saturated Fat 11.8g||59 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.8g|
|Cholesterol 66.8mg||21 %|
|Sodium 597.1mg||21 %|
|Potassium 761.4mg||20 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 24.6g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.6g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 21g|
|Protein 12.2g||17 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 335
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.