1. Cook potatoes in boiling water to just cover them until tender when pricked with a fork. (15 to 20 minutes) Drain off water.
2. Mash the potatoes. (Can use a fork or use the electric mixer.)
3. Add next 5 ingredients, mix well.
4. Put in greased 8x8 pan.
5. Crush Ritz crackers. (Put in a zip lock bag, seal and use rolling pin or a glass to crush them. Can also place between wax paper and then crush.You can also use fewer Ritz crackers, if you would like, as this many will make a heavy top crust.)
6. Sprinkle crushed crackers over potatoes.
7. Pour melted butter or margarine over the top.
8. Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
-You can double the recipe (use 1/2 of an 8oz brick of cream cheese) and bake in a 9x13 pan.
-You can make this the night before, or earlier in the day. Prepare all as above, but do not put on the crushed crackers yet. Cover, and store in refrigerator until ready to put in oven. Then sprinkle on the crushed crackers and pour on the melted butter. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, if it's been refrigerated.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (277g)|
|Recipe Makes: 5 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 200 (50%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 22.3g||30 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.6g||48 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.8g|
|Cholesterol 40.5mg||12 %|
|Sodium 885.4mg||31 %|
|Potassium 974mg||26 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 46g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20 %|
|Sugars, other 41g|
|Protein 6.7g||10 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 404
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.